The answer is YES!
Au Pair is not an exclusively female job, so it is possible for boys to find a place in a host family. The truth is that it may take longer for a male au pair to find a place, but some families are looking for an older brother for the children.
As an au pair, you are free to register, create your profile and start contacting families . There are many families who prefer to have an au pair but there are also families who are willing to give an au pair a chance. It is up to the Au Pair to do his or her best to persuade the families of his or her qualification for the job.
We recommend you to create a really attractive profile that will convince host families to choose you. It is very important to add photos and provide references in childcare, even to skeptical families, to prove that you are suitable for the program.
If you are a host family and are open to hosting an Au Pair, we recommend that you encourage the boys to write to you so that they will consider you as a potential host family.
How to find a host family
- Create a great profile and be active
- Add pictures of your home life, and remember to be warm and smiley!
- Add some childcare references that you can prove later
- Explain why you would like to work as an Au Pair
- Describe the benefits of the family hiring you as an Au Pair
- Keep in mind that host families with boys are usually looking for a “big brother” for their children, so the chances may be higher.